The COVID-19 crisis has brought on several changes to eviction procedures and landlord-tenant law in Nevada. Tenants filing Answers/Affidavits in Las Vegas can file online here: by choosing 'Summary Eviction: Tenant Answer.' For more up-to-date information on the CDC Freeze on Evictions or the Eviction Mediation Program--click here. For more information related to the Civil Law Self-Help Center's current operations during COVID-19--click here.


Being Sued In Small Claims

Responding To A Small Claims Complaint

Find out what options you have if you are served with a Small Claims Complaint, including tips for resolving or defending the case.

Read more ...

Suing The Person Who Is Suing You In Small Claims

Find out how you can sue the person who is suing you in small claims court if you believe that person owes you money, including how to analyze, prepare, and file a Small Claims Counterclaim.

Read more ...

Setting Aside A Small Claims Default Judgment

Learn what you can do if a default judgment has been entered against you (most likely because you failed to show up at a small claims hearing or failed to respond to the Small Claims Complaint you received), including how to ask the court to “set aside” (cancel or revoke) the judgment.

Read more ...