Small Claims References, Resources & Links
Listed below are links to statutes, court rules, free classes, and other resources that relate to small claims and may help you in your small claims case.
- Chapter 73 of the Nevada Revised Statutes. Chapter 73 is the section of the Nevada statutes that governs small claims courts and cases.
- Justice Court Rules of Civil Procedure, Rules 88 to 100. These are the rules that apply to small claims cases in all justice courts in Nevada.
- Justice Court Rules of Las Vegas Township, Rule 48 and 48.5. These are the rules that the Las Vegas Justice Court has created to specify the small claims procedure in that court.
- Free Classes. A free small claims class is offered as a community service by Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, William S. Boyd School of Law, and Nevada Legal Services. The class is offered in both English and Spanish.
- Videos. The Las Vegas Justice Court created a video that discusses the small claims process and shows an mock small claims hearing. (The Las Vegas Justice Court has since changed its small claims procedures. But the video shows generally how small claims works in most other justice courts.)